Monday, December 30, 2013

Monday's menu plan

I start my month of skimpy budget this week, even though it's not January yet.

  • Chicken enchiladas with Mexican restaurant-style rice
  • Bierock
  • Homemade pepperoni/veggie pizza
  • Bean burritos
  • Potatoes au gratin with smoked sausage
  • Hot dogs with potato salad and coleslaw

I have most of the ingredients for these meals in my pantry and fridge/freezer, but will need to purchase:
small package of corn tortillas
a couple of tomatillos
small head of green cabbage
one bell pepper
1 lb. ground beef
1 lb. breakfast style sausage (I might have a roll or two in the freezer - I need to check)

I will also need eggs and milk before the week is over. I plan to bake all the bread we'll need. My goal is to spend $25 or less total on groceries this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment