I tried out my newly-made wonder oven today for the first time to cook a pot of dried pinto beans. I:
- picked through and washed the dried beans,
- soaked them overnight,
- drained and rinsed them,
- put them into my cooking pot with fresh water, a little salt and some pepper,
- brought them to a full, rolling boil and boiled them for 15 minutes with the lid on the pot,
- transferred the hot pot and hot lid to the wonder oven,
- immediately put the cover on top of the wonder oven,
- and waited about 5 hours.
First try is a success! I will divide this batch of beans into quart size freezer bags and freeze them for whenever I feel like having a bean burrito or some chili for lunch.