Friday, August 31, 2012

I know what you did last summer #2

When I visited my mom in Oklahoma in July we went to a tiny little shop in Moore that had some really beautiful fabrics. There I found the two pieces for the front and back of this practice quilt, my thinking being that if I'm going to quilt something it might as well be adorable when I'm done.

Last year my mom got herself a fancy-dancy, awesome, new toy that I'm coveting and wishing for and dreaming about. It's a Handi-Quilter mid-arm quilting machine. She let me use it this summer, and I have already decided I will have to drive up to visit it fairly regularly.

I practiced  free-motion quilting in a rather small meander pattern to create this little baby quilt. When I got home I found some dark brown fabric in my stash to use for the binding.

Ta Da! A baby quilt for a little baby Lucas that is soon to be born.

No comments:

Post a Comment