Monday, June 7, 2010

Sometimes you can't wait around

for inspiration to strike. Sometimes you have to put your head down and plow through it. You put your shoulder to the wheel and do the work in front of you.

That's what I'm doing these days. Just getting through it. I'm looking for the joy to be found in this journey, and I'm finding glimmers of it here and there.

But generally only as I reflect on it. While I'm still in the moment I feel an awful lot like giving the world the stink eye. I am still doing the work. That must mean I'm developing my character, right?

Yeah, that must be it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, what a funny picture! That baby is the cutest baby ever! Love the hat, and that's a great outfit to wear with it!
    What exactly IS the stink eye?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talk about the stink eye! This is it for sure...

    ReplyDelete