Wednesday, January 26, 2011

It's the end of an era


Our good, old, faithful and trusty Windstar finally blew its head gasket on Monday.

It's done. Can we have a moment of silence?

(Actually, as I was cleaning out the desk yesterday I came across repair receipt after repair receipt after repair receipt. We sure did sink a lot of money into that old Ford.)

It was roomy and nice to have while all the kids were little, and the cargo space in the back was very convenient. A few times we pulled all of the seats out of the back and used it to move big stuff. That was nice. I don't know what we'll do for those situations now. I guess I'll have to make friends with somebody who owns a pickup.

I will be picking up James from school every day until we figure out something else. And while I love James and would do anything for him including picking him up after school every day, I have to tell you that it really cramps my style.

1 comment:

  1. Aww poor Windstar!

    I remember the day you brought that thing home. We were so excited and went on a little drive around the block to enjoy the *luxery*

    goood times. I will miss my seat. And the air conditioning controls.

    ReplyDelete