Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Home Repair

Or maybe "Home Renovation".

Or maybe just "Home Decor".

I don't know. Remember this post when I talked about reorganizing my laundry area? That picture is how my laundry closet used to look. Functional, organized, but not very cute. Or very interesting or fun or entertaining to stand in front of for hours while I wash, dry, and fold clothes. It was what I could manage at the time.

I started working on it last week and it is still in progress. Here's what it looks like now:
I took everything out, including the moldy old shelf (easy), and cleaned it out thoroughly and completely (harder than it sounds). Then repaired the wall (easy) and painted it this lovely, relaxing, soft blue/gray color (easy and fun). I'm taking a break for a couple of days because this process took much longer than I imagined it would, and now there are other, more pressing matters to attend to. All that's left for me to do is fasten the standards to the wall with screws (harder than it sounds), put up the shelves (easy), reorganize my supplies (fun), and decorate a little bit (harder than it sounds but fun).

Decorate the inside of a closet, you ask? Yes. The closet doors are open quite a bit and I stand for longish periods of time looking into this closet several times a week. I have some fun ideas for the decorating.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment