Friday, February 5, 2010

bloggity blah blah blah


"Never before have so many said so much about so little to so few". - author unknown.

I saw this in reference to blogs the other day and found it so fitting, especially to my own blog. The fact that it's February means I've been posting entries for over a year. I think I've only missed the days when I was in Austin when Avery was born, and a couple of the days when I was without a home computer.

It's hard to write a post every single day. Sometimes I worry about repeating myself. Then I remember that the 5 people who regularly read my blog know me well enough that it isn't any surprise to them if I repeat myself. Then there's also the fact that if some thought, idea, or experience was momentous enough for me to blog about, I'll probably try to tell you the same story when I see you. I never have anything new to talk about in person because I had to write something the day before!

There's a bit of self-aggrandizement involved with a blog. A little "Here's my fascinating life, you beautiful World Wide Web. Now recognize me! Write me comments, send me roses, give me respect and validation." I realize this, and I want to compensate for it. And then I realize that compensating for it is a form of self-aggrandizement. A sort of "Did you notice how humble I am?" kind of thing. It's hard to portray myself accurately - I don't know if other people see me the way I see myself. Probably not. But the part other people can't see is part of what I want to share. Does that make sense? Probably not.

A person could drive herself crazy trying to write a blog.


(This concludes your daily serving of AmyDubDub. I think I have managed to exactly capture the essence of the quote.)

4 comments:

  1. Well, I love your blog and look forward to it every day.

    ...on a side note, after a certain age (you're not there yet) no one notices that you have repeted yourself because it's just what everyone expects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With my memory, how would I even know if you're repeating? I love your blog and check it continuously all day long for new entries. So keep on with your bloggity blah blah blahing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. same here, Amy, I am always on your blog, throughout the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite thing about your blog is the pictures you choose. They always go so well with your blog itself. Love the Norman Rockwell btw. :)

    ReplyDelete