Tuesday, October 23, 2012

finished!


I finished up the latest afghan this morning. I really like the color combination in it: medium and dark blues, turquoise, teal, spring green, kelly green, and yellow.

Stats:
  • 57" x  61"
  • 100% acrylic vworsted weight yarn (easy care: machine wash cold, tumble dry low)
  • Mostly scrappy with a few newly purchased skeins in order to get it to a good size and keep it in the same color pattern.
Next up is this pattern. I hope that it will be truly scrappy. Meaning that I won't have to buy any more skeins of yarn to finish it, even though I only need a few additional ounces, thereby creating even more leftovers. Did I ever mention that I have a lot of yarn?

6 comments:

  1. The "Wonky Square" pattern is zentangle. We had demonstrations of it at our Guild meeting last week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would be cool in fabric, but I'm not especially looking forward to making it in yarn - all those color changes mean so many ends to weave in, which is my least favorite part of crocheting/knitting. But I think it will be a "stash-buster", and that's a good thing.

      Delete
  2. So beautiful! I love those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that would look great with my blue bedroom walls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping you'd think that, Wendy! It does have a lot of green and yellow in it, but it reads "blue" a lot too. It's yours!

      Delete