Monday, October 8, 2012

Gift Idea?



I've been trying to look for ideas of things that I can make to give to close friends and extended family for Christmas. Things that I can make a lot of in not too much time and for not too much money but that will be meaningful and (hopefully) useful. Things I've made in the past include:
  • crocheted pot holders
  • knitted dishcloths
  • Christmas tree ornaments
  • pillowcases
  • homemade candy and other goodies
I found this on the Internet and with a few modifications to make it larger I believe it is the winner for this year. I already have quite a few skeins of a smooth, soft, satiny, and washable yarn that is made from 100% post-consumer plastic.

Reusable grocery bags (eco-friendly) made from yarn that's made out of recycled plastic water bottles (that are definitely not eco-friendly) that I already own. All it will take now is some time and effort.

Sometimes the world seems good.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You are on the list, Wendy. I was thinking that of everyone in our family probably you and Ragan are the only ones who would actually use something like this. : )

      Delete