Friday, November 27, 2009

still sorting


I've been sorting through cabinets and closets and gathering up things for a garage sale. My men have been helping. It's slow going but it's getting there.
My project piles and supplies piles need triage. I really want to get in there and craft some stuff but I don't know where to start.

Priorities must be established. There are:

  • people who need attention,
  • housework that needs to be addressed,
  • yard work to be accomplished,
  • home DIY projects to be tackled (can you say "refinish the front door while the weather is nice!"?),
  • gifts to be created or shopped for, packaged, wrapped, and in some cases boxed and shipped.

There is a baby about to be born at a yet-to-be-determined time in the next month which will take anywhere from one to 30 days out of my time to accomplish the above tasks.

I feel like I need another one of me here. Because I really don't want to miss out on any of it but the length of my to-do list makes me feel overwhelmed to the point that I'm having a hard time getting started.

I have to keep telling myself that all I can do is all I can do, and all I can do is enough.

(Did you see that I used 5 different punctuation marks in a row up there? I think that's a record for punctuation-happy me. I'm very free and liberal with the punctuation. I know this about myself. I've accepted it and I'm okay with it.)

1 comment: