Monday, November 2, 2009

William Tell and Emperor Palpatine


Jake is learning to play a simplified version of the William Tell Overture on the piano this week. We listened to it on You Tube so he could get a feel for how the song is supposed to sound.

It was so awesome I wanted to share it with you. Watch the conductor - he's a hoot. What he does with his hands during some parts of the music reminds me of the Emperor in Star Wars. Remember that scene with Luke in Return of the Jedi? It's like he's using the dark side of the force to direct the music because surely the musicians in the back cannot see what he's doing.

Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

1 comment:

  1. I love that piece--all three major parts of it! I have heard von Karajan many times, but never seen him. Very interesting, and yes, I wonder about the guys beyond the first couple of rows!!

    ReplyDelete