Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Uncle Jeff


My Uncle Jeff died suddenly and unexpectedly yesterday. It's times like this that I really miss my extended family and wish quite desperately that we lived closer to them.

I've been doing a lot of remembering today and might share some of those thoughts later. Right now I just feel so sad for my Aunt Paula and my cousins who've lost such a big part of their lives with Jeff's passing.

(This picture is of Jeff and my uncle Bob when they were kids. Jeff is the little guy.)

2 comments:

  1. I was remembering that when Jeff was little he had asthma. I used to feel terrified that he wouldn't live through the night.

    I am glad that recently I was able to spend some good time with him. There wasn't anything really that I didn't get to say or do with him, but I still don't feel like I was ready for him to go.

    My heart really goes out to Paula and her children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry! You are all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete