Saturday, March 28, 2009

Grateful #28

Pansy P. Petunia, by Ken Nesbitt

I'm Pansy P. Petunia and I never take a shower.
There isn't any need because I smell just like a flower.
My breath smells like forget-me-nots.
My burps smell like impatiens.
My armpits smell like daisies
And my feet smell like carnations.
And what is most impressive,
And should tickle many noses,
Is if I ever "cut the cheese"
It makes me smell like roses.
But maybe I'm mistaken and could use a bath today,
'Cause everyone who smells me holds their nose and runs away!

This poem isn't very sophisticated but it made me laugh. Petunias do stink - I remember my mom used to plant petunias in our front flower bed and I always thought they were so pretty, but they definitely don't have a pretty scent.

Petunias are homey and cheerful. Petunias could never be ostentatious or solemn. I like the way their sweet, ruffly petals flutter in the breeze.

I love seeing my pink petunias every time I drive up to our house. They make our home look friendly. I'm grateful for spring flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment