Saturday, March 7, 2009

Grateful #7

Yesterday I had an unexpected opportunity to work in the Bishop's Storehouse for a few hours.

I hitched a ride to the storehouse with our bishop and his wife. When we arrived it was a nice surprise to find some old and beloved friends already there. We filled orders for frozen meats and refrigerated dairy products and fresh produce. (It was super nice and cool and easy and sociable work in the freezer and refrigerator. The men that were there loaded the packed boxes onto trucks - since this month is all about gratitude on AmyDubDub I'll say that I'm grateful I'm not a heavy-lifting, truck-loading man.)

What an amazing set-up we have in the Church! I'm so grateful that such beautiful and well-cared-for food is available for families who need help. I'm very grateful for awesome friends and associates who let me help.

I love these people and I'm grateful to have them in my life.



1 comment:

  1. It's probably a good idea to smudge, clone stamp, or dodge these people's names out.

    ReplyDelete