Friday, August 28, 2009

Buttercup's bedding

I've been working on a knitted blanket for our beautiful little B, and Karie and I went to the fabric store when I was in Austin last week to check out the materials. We picked out some fabrics to make sheets and a bed skirt for the crib.

People have been asking what the colors are going to be so here is what we've come up with. A medium purple color that has a quite a bit of red in it, some yellowy-green, an aqua blue, and white. I've taken lots of pics and posted what I think is the best representation of the colors in the fabric. The colors in the striped fabric are what matches with everything else and in the above photo seem to be the truest.

I'll post a pic when it's all sewn and finished.

This is the Monet water lilies painting we are going off of and which I hope to get for her room:

5 comments:

  1. Oh! It looks so good! And so sweet! What a happy little baby we will have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm makine something yellow and pink. Oh well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenna said what I was going to say... love love love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom, it doesn't matter one bit if it doesn't "match". Her butterfly quilt isn't going to match either. Handmade and lovely go with everything, you know. : )

    ReplyDelete