Sunday, August 30, 2009

deep thoughts

So many things have been going through my mind. Our ward met in our new church building for the first time today and so there were lots of thoughts about the years and years (14+ years!) that we've been in this house and this ward. Thoughts about the growth of our family and our ward in particular and the Church in general. We are sharing the building with another ward and since there is a 1 hour overlap I was able to see lots of old and new friends that I don't see nearly often enough. Which means catching everyone up on all our news and learning what's new in their lives. Those conversations brought a whole new frame of mind to the forefront - how quickly time passes, how life just keeps marching forward, how important it is to be fully present in my daily life.
Thinking about things the way they are now, remembering times that are past, looking forward to new experiences and lessons to learn, wondering what's going to happen next, wondering what in the world all the things that have already happened really mean in the grand scheme of things, wondering about my role in all of it.

I feel like my life is flashing before my eyes. But in slow motion, over the course of the past week. It's sort of bizarre.

No comments:

Post a Comment