Monday, August 24, 2009

what to do?


Feeling a little bit at a loss today - I'm home all by myself for hours and hours. Not that there isn't tons to do. I'm just going to ease myself into the new routine rather than jumping head first like I usually do.

Things I could be doing:
  • finish sewing the little purse that matches the sundress I made for my niece C. Then I could mail the box to my mom of all the things that got left behind when they visited.
  • work on any one of the many quilting squares that have yet to be completed - I think I have all the kits in my possession.
  • read handbook and other materials for Relief Society.
  • fill out multiple school forms.
  • write a letter to my son.
  • or my daughter.
  • put away all the various items that were purchased during our many back-to-school shopping trips last week.
  • get caught up on knitting mittens.
  • rake up all the pine needles that are carpeting my front yard.
  • mow the grass.
  • vacuum the upstairs.
  • scrub bathrooms.

But hey, instead I'm goofing around on the Internet and sweating. It's just plain too hot to live. I did get supper in the crock pot while my Little Friend was eating breakfast this morning so the day isn't a total loss.

Crock pot chicken and rice. As my dear friend Rachael Ray says, YUMMO.

1 comment:

  1. Yep! Sounds like a good day to me. Check out my blog to see what I did today!

    ReplyDelete