Sunday, August 9, 2009

the day of rest


Nana's foot is swollen and painful so we've been taking it easy today to try to help the swelling go down. We had a super long car ride yesterday and that's what happens to her foot on long trips. We'll see if she's better tomorrow - if not then we'll take another day off and just hang out here at home.

It's been nice having her here today. We made a fabulous dinner together and have had lots of conversation.

Today was my first day conducting the Relief Society meeting. It went well overall, and I was really very happy when the teacher walked in - I hadn't seen her yet at that point and was beginning to think about what I'd have to do if for whatever reason she didn't show. Needless to say, I was quite relieved when she walked in!

My niece C is so cute. She's been playing very well with my Little Friend. I can tell that she's used to getting her own way a lot of the time, which is only natural, but she has a pleasant and mostly cooperative disposition. We've had lots of fun together. She let me do her hair this morning and I realized that I didn't have any hair clips or barrettes or anything. I thought that I didn't even own a hairbrush anymore but after digging around found one and also a couple of pony-tail holders. We raided my craft drawer and came up with some suitable ribbons for her hair. It was a blast brushing and braiding her hair but we ended up with a plain ponytail because "that looks the nicest".

I'm wondering if my little girl's hair-do skills are rusty.

1 comment:

  1. Get a lot of practice with C because those hair-do skills may come in handy in about 4 months.

    Possibly.

    We shall find out soon enough.

    ReplyDelete