Monday, January 4, 2010

bummer

Today has been a tough day - some days are like that. I've been trying to focus on my resolutions and have consequently allowed myself to live in the now by feeling and validating the emotions I'm having instead of ignoring them and waiting for them to fade while at the same time not issuing orders, condemnation, and ultimatums to the ones I love.

It's tricky. It's a sorrowful time of year for me, full of remembered grief. My inclination is to lash out and hurt people because I'm hurt but my choice is to love, although it might take me a minute to get there.

2 comments:

  1. Those grievous memories will always come; I haven't found that they skip or even lessen. But in the "now" there are many wondrous things and people.

    I don't know any way around this, just plow through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, just plough through. Keep your head down, don't stop working. Staying busy serves to keep you in the now, as opposed to dwelling in the past or worrying about the future. You can do it! 2010 is going to be great.

    ReplyDelete