Friday, January 23, 2009

What's on TV?

Have you seen this TV show? The next episode will air on NBC on Saturday, January 24 at 7 pm Central.

The show is based on the book Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe but I'll save the book review for another time. (I really like the book.)


The TV show stars Philip Winchester as Crusoe and Tongayi Charisi as Friday. It's ...well...it's just great. There is, in alphabetical order,
  • adventure
  • betrayal
  • danger
  • intrigue
  • love, the true kind
  • scenery, the impossibly beautiful kind
  • tree house, the coolest one EVER in the history of the world

Crusoe is oh-so clever and can make everything he needs out of plants. He's the kind of handy guy any woman stranded on a Caribbean Island would like to have around. To fix things, you know? The character Friday is wise and true and supplies a voice of reason to Crusoe's sometimes desperate ideas and desires.

Here's a picture of Philip Winchester as Robinson Crusoe for you ladies to enjoy:

Oh my.

Here's a little poll:
Do you pronounce Caribbean as ca-RIB-ee-un or care-uh-BEE-un?

3 comments:

  1. Depends... am I singing Caribbean Queen, or am I going on a Carribean holiday? I think I say ca-RIB-bean cruise, but CARE-a-bean holiday... or maybe not. I say it both ways. I'm like that... can't make up my mind... cuz really, do I have to?

    ReplyDelete