Saturday, January 24, 2009

A New Car!

When you read those words, do you hear them in Rod Roddy's voice? I do. I loved The Price Is Right when I was a kid, and my kids loved it when they were little. Every day during summer vacation they wanted to get up early to watch it. Every day during summer vacation I wanted them to sleep in.

But that's not what this post is about.

This post is about this: a Nissan Altima.

We bought a new car yesterday. For me. Hooray! I've been wanting THIS new car. I've been needing SOME new car. Because I've been driving the same old tired minivan for 11 years. The van wasn't old and tired when we bought it. Come to think of it, I wasn't old and tired when we bought it. But lately we've become dissatisfied with one another, the van and I.

I picked up my Good Friends D and K in the car last night and off we went. I think we felt like teenagers again - carefree and sporty. And it was fun. For a little while. There are reasons why teenagers go cruising on Friday night and moms in their 30's and 40's do not.

I'm not going to tell you what those reasons are. You'll have to figure it out for yourself.

Oh, and it's not a NEW new car. It's a gently USED and affordable new car. Sweet!

6 comments:

  1. I love these cars. Very swank and fancy. Glad you got a new fun car and happy that the van can be retired! You deserve some fanciness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy Walraven, come on down. You have won the showcase showdown. Behind door number one, it's....a NEW CAR. /end gratuitous Price Is Right impersonation>

    ReplyDelete
  3. It could probably make it all the way to Oklahoma without breaking a sweat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It can! I'll be there this summer for your party. I hope you'll still come visit me too, after you retire, and have some free time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooh, she's puuurrrrrty! What's her name?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so awesome you got a new car! And after Oklahoma, you could just drive on over here to Colorado, but you'd have to bring Jake or the boys would be upset. ;)

    ReplyDelete