Friday, May 1, 2009

April Mittens

In the month of April I knitted six pairs of mittens. I think that brings my total to 33 pairs.

My knitting skills are improving and I'm starting to think that I might be able to finish Gram's last project - a baby sweater for my cousin's baby. My grand-dad asked me to finish it when Gram died but I wasn't a good enough knitter to do it. I think I might be now although I don't think I'll be able to get a picture knitted into the front of it like Gram always did. That's still a project to tackle in the future - I think I should just get the thing done before baby Rachel grows too big to wear it.

Gram was in the hospital when Rachel was born. She had a photo of newborn Rachel near her hospital bed. I remember that she wanted so desperately to finish the sweater she'd started for Rachel but she just didn't have the strength.

I hope that Gram would be pleased for me to finish it.

4 comments:

  1. I'm pretty dang sure she is pleased. :o) With every stitch you make, she is remembered... how could someone not be pleased with that kind of legacy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gram tried to teach me to knit, but I was horrible at it. That will be so amazing if you can finish Rachel's sweater. Picture or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually the designs are fairly simple to do. I can't believe I know how to do them, but I do (Grammy taught me). Bring your stuff with you in August and we'll work on it. Do you have Grammy's patterns? If not, we can get some Amy patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have all of Gram's patterns. I will definitely bring them with me.

    ReplyDelete