Monday, May 11, 2009

Handmade

"Every knitter stitches with love, even when they're just starting, all red-faced and frustrated. Why else would we create? Especially in a world that doesn't need handmade anything. That's when we need homemade everything. It never matters if things don't end up just the way you planned...When you wear something you've made with your own hands, you surround yourself with love, and all the love that came before you. The real achievement, you see, is being proud of what you've made." ~ The Friday Night Knitting Club, by Kate Jacobs

"And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good." ~ Genesis 1:31

I feel this way about the things I've created by hand. The people of the world don't need my handmade anything, but I'm sending it out into the world anyway. Because of love, and because of all the love that came before me.

Behold.

3 comments:

  1. You're just so cute! I behold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your handmade things...will always treasure the blanket you made when Abby was born!!

    And I have a plant sitting on one of the pot holders...the colors go well in the room and its too pretty to be under the kitchen cabinet with the other pot holders!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My potholders are usually on the top of my stack--bleached nearly white, but used EVERY day. I love them. I love you.

    ReplyDelete