Friday, May 8, 2009

Psalms 24

Psalms 24:3-5
3 Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord? or who shall stand in his holy place?
4 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
5 He shall receive the blessing of the the Lord, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.

I'm so grateful that my beautiful son has clean hands and a pure heart. That he is worthy to "ascend into the hill of the Lord". That he "shall stand in his holy place". My hopes and prayers for him are that he remains righteous always and receives all the blessings of the Lord.

I am filled with joy at the opportunity to be in the holy temple with my child as he prepares himself to begin his mission to Sweden.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, he's a very cool young man, and you're right to be proud! Gorgeous picture of the temple too. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you heard the song? --recorded by Jesse Smith, I believe. I couldn't find it on Deseretbook.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of the song. What is it? Psalm 24? I'd like to find it if I can - it's one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really one of the most beautiful settings of a Psalm ever! You might check at the bookstore down there. The trouble is, I don't remember what it was called. Maybe psalm 24. I thought it was He that Hath Clean Hands--I don't know. Maybe Helen will know. I'll email her.

    ReplyDelete