Monday, May 4, 2009

Deep thoughts. And shoes.

I've been thinking deep thoughts all weekend. Until I get them all sorted out and organized and ready to share with you I will be sharing some funny memories, ideas, poetry, and cartoons. To balance things out. To lighten things up. To make you laugh. Because that's what I'm here for.

A Closet Full of Shoes
by Shel Silverstein

Party shoes with frills and bows,
Workin' shoes with steel toes,
Sneakers, flip-flops, and galoshes,
Boots to wear with mackintoshes,
Brogans, oxfords, satin pumps,
Dancin' taps and wooden clumps,
Shoes for climbin', shoes for hikes,
Football cleats and baseball spikes,
Shoes of shiny patent leather,
Woolly shoes for winter weather,
Loafers, rough-outs, sandals, spats,
High heels, low heels, platforms, flats,
Moccasins and fins and flippers,
Shower clogs and ballet slippers...
A zillion shoes and just one's missin'-
That's the one that matches this'n.

2 comments:

  1. heeeheee I love Shel Silverstein!
    I also like his,

    "There's too many kids in this tub,
    there's too many elbows to scrub,
    I just washed a behind
    that I'm sure wasn't mine,
    There's too many kids in this tub."

    I hope I remembered it right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WANT those shoes in the picture!

    ReplyDelete