Wednesday, July 29, 2009

midnight madness


Blogging in the midst of a full-blown insomnia attack may prove to be dangerous. I do take responsibility for my words, but please keep in mind that by 1 am I'm running on empty here.

I could spend a lot of time blogging about the few people in my life who are difficult. I could talk about the people in my life who have caused me great psychic pain. The people who frustrate and annoy me. The people who scare me and the people who gross me out. People who think I'm ridiculous. People who honestly believe that I've never really thought anything through. People who accuse me of stupidly swallowing whatever absurd load of crap is being fed to me. People who think that my point of view is without any value whatsoever.

There are a couple people in my life who do all those things.

If you are one of these people, may God smile upon you always.

If you are one of the many people in my life who brings fun, enjoyment, peace, love, friendship, acceptance and solace to the table, I thank you sincerely. You are in my thoughts and my prayers. You probably don't know how much you mean to me. I'm a bit backwards in regards to expressing myself.

Please forgive my shortcomings. Those other people that I talked about first have made me a little nervous.


You will not ever read in my blog about how awful any other person is. Or how insensitive. Or how criminally insane, unjust, or negligent. I deliberately choose not to go there. You will not see the dark side of my personality. It's there, sure enough, but it isn't available for public viewing.

(Although I will make no promises about never casting aspersions on the character and moral integrity of the big dogs who dig their way into my backyard to perform their giant morning business. When I use the term "big dogs" it's not an analogy for the people who don't appreciate my brand of person. I know that's what you were thinking, but it's not. I really do mean over-grown canines.)

You will read about the trifling minutiae that has composed much of my daily life. You will see what I think about books I read, household cleaning products I try, and recipes I concoct. You will see poems, jokes, pictures, and stories that I find interesting or funny or clever. You will see it every day, because if I skip a day, then I'll skip two, and then three, or more, and then I'll have quit without meaning to. The reason I started this whole thing was to make life more interesting and fun. To gaze on the good and sweet and delightful parts of my life. To turn my face to the sun. When I don't feel like writing anything is usually when I most need to redirect my focus.

Without a doubt there isn't something scintillating going on in my life every single day.

No matter.

If you find my musings in this blog absolutely unappealing and shamefully boring, so be it.

May God smile upon you always.

3 comments:

  1. ahhh aint life grand! ;o) I keep my yard on lock down with electric fences at all time to keep those guys from sh**ing on my grass! I like my grass. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like your blog. your decision to keep it positive only makes it better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy- I love your blog and your positivity. Maybe that's because we're a lot the same :)

    ReplyDelete