Wednesday, July 8, 2009

the thing about this summer

Every time I think I'm going to have a week or even just a few days to get caught up on things or just have some down time my calendar fills up. It's like every day I wake up with 10 things that have to be done that I didn't know about the day before. Add that to what I already had planned and I am a teensy bit overwhelmed this summer. I'm looking for school to start so that I can sit down and relax for a minute.

Speaking of teensy-

When we were at Doctor Schreiber's office yesterday I had him look at my Little Friend's chest. He has some weird skin discoloration there. There is a triangular shaped patch on his chest tapering down to a point at his belly button that doesn't tan. So there's this very pale and white shield-shaped area of skin surrounded by tan skin. It is bizarre. It's like a superman logo without the S. Doctor Shreiber took one look at it and said "That's teensy versacolor".

Actually that's not what he said. That's what I heard him say. It's actually tinea versicolor which is what came up when I googled "teensy versacolor". Which is a type of yeast infection that he probably got at the pool. It actually works itself down into the skin and eats the pigment.

If that doesn't gross you out I don't know what will. I almost threw up a little bit when Doctor Schreiber said that.

Anyway, Doctor Schreiber said that the cure is some Selsun Blue shampoo dabbed onto his chest with a cotton ball every night for a week or so. That will kill the yeast and then his chest will begin to tan normally like the rest of him does. Doc Schreiber suggested that I dab it onto his chest in a big "S" pattern so that as he begins to tan there it will truly look like a Superman logo.

We love Doctor Schreiber. He's a cool guy.

5 comments:

  1. I'd do it if I were you. I think he'd love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - sounds like a fun doctor.
    We always knew he was Superkid... even the yeasty-infectiony buggies knew it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. alisa had that on her arm once. The selsun blue gets rid of it super quick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Little Friend is one weird duck. It's lucky for him he's so cute and nice or I'd suggest that you take him to the Vet and have him put to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is he a pediatrician or a family doctor? Cause all MY doctor does it tell me about his digestive problems. I want a doctor that tells jokes like yours.

    ReplyDelete