Sunday, July 5, 2009

missionary farewell


It's been a busy day here at the Dub's. My Little Friend gave a talk in primary and I taught Relief Society. Which I love doing! It's been over a month since seminary ended and I'm so anxious for them to give me something to do in the ward. I was very grateful for the assignment to teach today, and the lesson was beautiful. I was happy to do it and I think it went well.

When we got home from church I started cooking and baking because this evening we had the open house for T. So many of our friends and ward family came, even good friends from our old ward showed up. Several of T's friends from school came too - what a fun bunch! There were so many people that our house got a little hot and a lot crowded and we ran out of cookies and fruit pretty quick. I didn't know how many people would come or how much food to prepare. I fed everything that was left to a big group of teenage boys and now I don't have to feed bruschetta to Mr. Dub every night for two weeks. I'm sure he's grateful.

It made me feel very good to see such awesome evidence that so many people care about us.

Here's T with my good buddy Thuan and his little sister Janice. Thuan was in my seminary class for the last three years and he's such a good kid. That's Michael (another seminary student) in the picture too - what a goof!

I'm tired. But it's the good kind of tired that comes from working hard. I've accomplished a lot in the last two days. I'll tell you more about that tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. You did a FAB job! I'm so proud of you!
    We're going to miss T - he's such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and we get to see T in just a few days! we'll take good care of him for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy - Don't forget, I'll be hanging with T for several days after you've had to say good-bye to him. His last thoughts as he leaves Provo will be, "That Hunky Bob is sure a great guy. My Mother? Who's she?"

    ReplyDelete