Thursday, July 23, 2009

serendipity


These pink lilies started growing spontaneously in our backyard a few years ago. One day I looked out the window and I saw a pink thing out on the lawn. At first I thought it was a piece of plastic or a popped balloon or something and when I went out to pick it up of course I saw that it was a flower.

Flowers that I didn't plant and don't take care of. Lovely pink flowers that just started showing up regularly in my life with no effort on my part. Serendipity.

It's like God saying, "Hey, girl. Life is good. Have a nice day."

Yesterday there were 7 blooming at once. Life is very, very good.

I'm not ever going to try to move them out of the grass and in to a flower bed. I'm just letting the beautiful goodness happen where it will.

1 comment:

  1. When that happens, Bobby calls them "volunteer flowers".

    ReplyDelete