Sunday, April 5, 2009

I've still got it

Lately, since I turned 44 last month, I've been feeling sort of old. Sort of crone. Old, wrinkled, gray, boring, and kind of used up and worn out. I have some gray hair, some wrinkles around my eyes, and my skin doesn't seem as fresh and firm as it used to be. A couple of my moles (which I've always hated) have inexplicably started sprouting hairs (which makes them even more hateful). My eyebrows don't peacefully coexist with me anymore - they've revolted.

Bummer.

But God is good and has graciously sent me a simple reminder that I'm still young. In addition to the grays, the wrinkles, the sagging skin, the errant eyebrows, I've also got....a pimple. A nice, big, juicy, red, doozy of a zit. Front and center, just above my lip on my right cheek.

It's a wonderful thing to know that my body is still so youthful.

It looks like a trip to the salon is in order. I need hair dye, hot wax, and a facial, and I need it quick.

2 comments:

  1. heh heh heh
    and I need my roots done and my face plucked.
    No matter how old you get, I'm older.
    :o)
    I'm finding that the older I get, the less I care about some things... I think that's just typical crone thinking... I kinda like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that crone is very familiar to me - is that from Princess Bride or Monty Python and the Holy Grail?

    ReplyDelete