Saturday, April 18, 2009

Lazy Saturday


Today it rained in Houston. When I say it rained, I don't mean that dainty little drops splashed down gently from the sky. I mean that buckets of drenching deluge poured down and threatened to drown us. I didn't get the picture while all that red and orange were on top of us, so you'll just have to trust me when I say it was pretty exciting. There is a lake where my backyard used to be.
Needless to say, I stayed in. I knitted, I watched TV all afternoon - the movie Housesitter, and Sell This House and Flip This House - and I did some chores. My house is tidy, clean and quiet and I am at peace. Relaxed. Recharged.

Later when the storm had moved on to Louisiana, it stopped raining enough so that we ventured out for dinner. I took the big boy and the little boy to Philly Connection for some Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches. In the words of my girlfriend Rachael Ray, YUM-O.
Hope your weekend is happy!

1 comment:

  1. While it rained, I stayed in and watched Colin Firth... talk about YUM-O!

    ReplyDelete