Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Wading barefoot through the stream of consciousness

I don't have much I want to talk about right now so here are some random bits of fluff:
  • It's cold.
  • Luckily Mr. Dub is out of town so I was able to double up with the covers last night.
  • I had to, because, you know, I took the extra blanket off the bed the other day.
  • I hate when I wake up at night because I'm cold.
  • Mr. Dub is in Arlington at opening day.
  • Opening day is the first day of Major League Baseball.
  • His team won.
  • It's weird when his team wins because he doesn't get all happy and excited.
  • It's more like he's just relieved that things are finally going the way they were supposed to all along.
  • I wonder what will happen today.
  • I'm reading a book called A Town Like Alice by Neville Shute.
  • I think that's what it is called.
  • I don't want to go downstairs to make sure.
  • I hope it will be a good book.
  • I only started it yesterday.
  • I hate hate hate when I start a book because somebody recommended it to me and then I have to struggle to get through it.
  • Book Club is next week.
  • I think it is anyway.
  • I should find out.
  • The car horn on my van started blowing full blast for no reason on Sunday morning about 9:30.
  • The sound was so loud and so intense that I couldn't SEE.
  • That is so bizarre because what in the world does sound have to do with vision?
  • I guess my whole sensory system was overloaded.
  • I couldn't make it stop and would any one of the males I live with come out to help me figure out how to make it stop?
  • No.
  • But finally my next-door neighbor appeared and he had a wrench and he unhooked the battery cable.
  • And finally, blessed silence prevailed again in the 'hood.
  • I was a little embarassed because I was still in my jammies with some major bed-head going on.
  • By that time my men had emerged from the house.
  • And since I still couldn't see and my heart was still hammering they took the horn fuse out of the fuse box when I asked them to.
  • And reattached the battery cable.
  • So now the van will start and the horn will not honk.
  • But luckily I JUST had the van inspected last month.
  • So I've got nearly a year before I have to worry about it.
  • And by that time we will have disposed of the van.
  • But all my radio presets are gone.
  • And the clock is wrong.

My toes are getting pruney - I'm ready to step out of the water. Hope y'all have a bee-yooo-tiful day!


5 comments:

  1. Tell me you are not using a laptop in the bathtub?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, no. I guess my joke flopped - I was wading barefoot in a stream, the stream of consciousness. A spontaneous, unedited, fragmentary monologue? Ya know?
    Oh, never mind. No, I'm not bathing with a laptop. I'm just sitting at my desk, cracking myself up. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, brother, that went right over my head! LOL!

    ReplyDelete