Wednesday, April 1, 2009

March Mittens

My month of gratitude is over - I'm grateful for that!

The month of March was a little weird. We had Spring Break which is always just super fun, and some crazy bad allergy attacks. I didn't do a whole lot of knitting. I did blow my nose a lot so that should count for something, right?

The number of pairs of mittens hand-knitted by moi in March is 7, with a grand total of 27 pairs. That's 54 mittens if you're counting them individually. Or 53, 857, 892 stitches. (Which, coincidentally, equals the number of times I sneezed 0r rubbed my itchy eyes in March.)*

I got some projects and work done in March. I'm still feeling the urge to do some nesting and spring cleaning - and for me that means purging excess and unneeded items from the house, redecorating, washing down and scrubbing out, organizing and labelling, and generally clearing out and sprucing up. This is always scary to the pack-rat males I live with because it means that nothing is safe and everything has been or will be moved or changed. Watch out men, you've been warned.**

I love it.

*My numbers may be a little off. I actually have no idea how many stitches are in 54 mittens. Or how many times I've sneezed in the last 31 days. I'm not very interested in counting them. I'm keeping myself all hopped up on a lot of antihistamines so I tend to either forget what I'm doing or lose my place or fall asleep right in the middle of something. But I know I knit 7 pairs of mittens in March. I like the number 7. It's nice and low and even somebody like me who doesn't love math and is chronically sleep-deprived and is taking a lot of cold medicine can get to 7 without too much trouble.
**Can you picture Mr. Dub sitting calmly in his office reading these words and suddenly breaking out into a cold sweat, feeling panicky and slightly nauseous, and then rushing home to save the precious tidbits he's left laying around the entire house? I can...

1 comment: