Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What a crazy day

We got over 8 inches of rain last night in a little over 3 hours. The rain gauge only goes to 8 inches and it was overflowing so there's no telling how many inches we actually got. Our own street looked like a river and over near the freeway people were driving into 8' deep puddles and never coming out again. (Why do people do that? When you can see the traffic light dangling only a foot or two from the surface of a puddle isn't a given that your Toyota Corolla isn't going to make it?)
Consequently school was cancelled and lots of roads were closed. I've had the boys and Mr. Dub home all day today. I had lots of things planned out to do today and got most of them done anyway but traffic was terrible with all the lights flashing red and everybody in the free world was at Wal-Mart. With all their kids. Good times.
I had a funny story all planned out to tell you in my blog today but it's already after 4 pm so the story will have to wait till tomorrow. It involves my Little Friend. You're going to love it.

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! I heard about the floods in Houston on the news, but assumed they were in the south part of the city--that's where they always are. I'm glad you're all OK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Smokes, that Texas weather is some crazy stuff.

    ReplyDelete