Friday, September 18, 2009

Birds on a wire

Today, my lovely cousin J's blog has a super cool video about birds and wires and music.

It's neat. You should check it out.

It reminded me of something I saw a few weeks ago. I had stopped at a red light, as I am wont to do, and was watching some birds on the telephone wire across the intersection from me. This one particular bird landed quite spectacularly on the wire and then hopped sideways for several feet along the wire until he was next to another bird and he folded his wings and settled down.

The other bird immediately flew away.

And I thought of Junior High School. Where people are generally shunned who do things a little differently and want a little validation and some casual conversation.

I felt bad for that bird. I wondered if birds have b.o., and I hoped he has good self-esteem anyway even if the other birds don't appreciate his style.

Be kind, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment