Saturday, September 26, 2009

District Choir Auditions


I honestly don't know how people work 10 hours on their feet. I remember that I used to do it, but I guess I'm out of practice.

My feet are actually throbbing.

It was a good day though. Our choir booster club made a fairly good amount of money by hosting the district auditions at our high school, and all of our school's students who auditioned made the cut.

Including my Little Prince. He's going on to Regional Auditions on October 25.

Lucky for me, I'm not. Unlike today, I won't be:
  • Hauling coolers full of drinks and food up and down stairs
  • back and forth across the school (It seems like a quarter mile one way. I'm not exaggerating.)
  • rearranging wooden tables and chairs
  • lifting, reaching, bending
  • walking
  • walking
  • walking some more
  • and then hauling it all back to the choir room and putting it all away when it was over
  • all the while smelling the bitter stench of coffee

I didn't have to make the coffee since I don't know how. I've discovered that when people find out you don't know how to make coffee they think it's funny. And then they want to make it themselves. Which is just peachy with me.

If I do go to chaperone on October 25, I'll only be having fun with the kids and not doing any of the heavy lifting.

1 comment:

  1. In all the years I worked I was asked to make coffee twice: once at the lab at Baptist and once in the pharmacy at Southwest. In each case I told them I didn't know how and the response was incredulous-ness--I don't think any of them had ever met a person who didn't know how to make it.

    ReplyDelete