Wednesday, September 16, 2009

a great big spoonful of nasty


Do you remember that scene from You've Got Mail where Tom Hanks visits Meg Ryan and she's got a cold and she says "My head is starting to get fuzzy"?

That's how I'm feeling today. I don't enjoy it. I think it's caused by a combination of a variety of cough and cold pharmaceuticals, a lack of quality sleep for, oh let's say the last five years, and a virus. The head cold has now taken up residence in my chest as well which is making me very nervous. It still sometimes hurts to cough due to those ridiculous broken ribs which I have been dealing with for the past year.

I don't like to take medicine. I hate trying to swallow pills and at least half the time I end up choking and gagging and sometimes throwing up. Medicinal syrups are gross. I don't even like cherry flavored stuff because the taste is just like cough medicine.

Yes, I'd like a Route 44 Robitussin Limeade, thank you!"

In celebration of that fuzzy head feeling, please enjoy the following from my favorite children's poet.

Nonnie von Sequitur

by Kenn Nesbitt

I'm Nonnie von Sequitur.
Apples are good.
Remember the alphabet?
He's chopping wood.

The things that I tell you,
may seem rather strange,
but that's just because
here's a dollar in change.

And next week I'm going to
isn't this fun?
So never let anyone
hamburger bun.

If maybe you're wondering
what's going on,
please let me explain it.
The milk is all gone.

When doing your homework
that man is a spy.
I'm happy to see you.
Just give it a try.

This pencil is yellow
and everyone should.
We're having a thunderstorm.
Apples are good.

This may seem bizarre
but it's just what I do.
I'm Nonnie von Sequitur.
Thanks for the shoe.

2 comments:

  1. I'm afraid you've got the Pig Flu, AmyWW!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think with Pig Flu you have fever and much more severe symptoms than I have. I haven't had any fever at all. And believe me, I checked.

    ReplyDelete