Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Gratitude

Gratitude is sometimes difficult for me. As a rule, I am generally quite content. I'm not always wishing and craving and yearning for more or different or better - I'm happy and satisfied with what I have. I think "contented" is one of my best qualities. But contented is not quite the same as grateful, and grateful is something I'm striving to be.

I think I'd like to occasionally record things I'm grateful for. Count my blessings, so to speak. There are things that I am grateful for right now.

Right at this moment I am grateful for:
  • sunny skies
  • but still cool and dry (YAY February!)
  • yard work that is nearly done
  • good sons who cooperate with me
  • a darling daughter who shares her life with me even though she's all grown up
  • a good mom who did her best
  • whose best was plenty good enough
  • a husband who is always here for me
  • except for when he's at work
  • where he has a good job
  • that he does to take care of me and our family
  • a home of my own
  • all our cars are currently running
  • debt that is going down, down, down
  • and will soon be all gone

But what I am the MOST grateful for right at this very moment is forgiveness. I'm grateful that I've been taught to forgive. I'm grateful that I don't have to live with pain or frustration or anger or hurt or fear. I'm grateful that I can have peace and tranquility in my life through forgiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment