Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Tuesday's quote...

... by Vincent van Gogh.

"There may be a time in life when one is tired of everything and feels as if all one does is wrong, and there may be some truth in it - do you think this is a
feeling one must try to forget and to banish, or is it the 'longing for God'
which one must not fear, but cherish to see if it may bring us good? Is it the
'longing for God' which leads us to make a choice which we never regret? Let us keep courage and try to be patient and gentle. And not mind being eccentric, and make distinction between good and evil."

Here's another one from Lucy Maud Montgomery:

"I am well in body but considerably rumpled in spirit."

Today I am feeling tired of everything and that I've done it all wrong. I am therefore considerably rumpled in spirit.

Tomorrow I will post Part One of an essay that I've written about Vincent van Gogh's painting Starry Night. I hope you will enjoy it.

Now I am off to work on my patience, gentleness, and courage. And unrumpledness.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, sorry you were feeling rumpled! I hope today you feel freshly ironed! Love ya

    ReplyDelete