Monday, February 2, 2009

My Little Friend

This is my littlest son.


He's a beautiful boy, inside and out. Since he's the littlest one in the family, his babyhood has been artificially prolonged and he still gets his way most of the time. Everyone in the family wants to be on his good side and brings him treats, presents, and surprises on a pretty regular basis.

He is also rotten to the core. You just don't get your way all the time and not become a tyrant.

Here are some things you may not know about him:
  • I call him my Little Friend. His dad calls him our Little Treasure.

  • He was super sick as a baby. This solidified his place in the family as the one who gets the most TLC.

  • I believe that he would have died as a baby without the blessings of modern pharmaceuticals and skilled and inspired doctors.
  • I've spent many nights kneeling at his bedside giving him breathing treatments and checking to see if he's okay.

  • I used to sing to him during those times.

  • He's since told me that he didn't care for my singing but because he was too little then to talk he couldn't tell me that.

  • Even though he's thin now he was very chubby when he was a baby. We called him the Tubby Little Cubby.

  • He likes it when I, the mama, call him Cookie.

  • No one else is allowed to call him Cookie. Ever.

  • He doesn't take any lip from his much-older brothers. He can hold his own against them.
  • He is a miniature version of his oldest brother. He looks just like him, talks just like him, and has exactly the same mannerisms. They're so similar it's a little scary sometimes.

  • He likes math and science in school.

  • He hates homework, especially writing homework.

  • He likes to run. He takes an afternoon run nearly every day.

  • He has goldfish crackers and chocolate milk every day at school for lunch.

  • He is allergic to peanuts and refuses to eat eggs, cheese, or meat.
  • His favorite meal is a chicken nugget Happy Meal.

  • He is allergic to several kinds of fruit.

  • He is a very sensitive little man. He gets very upset and emotional if he thinks he's in trouble or that we are unhappy with him for any reason.

  • He is a good friend to his buddies.

  • He gets along pretty well with other kids.
  • He prays every day that his big sister will be safe while she's away from us.

You're a star, my Little Friend!

4 comments:

  1. Yep, he's a star! And super cute too, and fun to hang out with. He may get his way, but he's not spoiled too rotten, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's the only one who loved me. Tell Cookie I can't wait to see him!

    ReplyDelete