Saturday, February 7, 2009

The Pioneer Woman

This girl is hilarious. Her name is Ree and she lives on a working cattle ranch with Marlboro Man in Oklahoma.

Every day she encounters herds of wild mustangs, mama cows and baby cows, dogs, 4 punks (kids) and cowboys. Ree confesses, cooks, photographs, remodels, homeschools, and blogs it all in a way that'll make you laugh and revive all your childhood cowgirl/farm girl dreams.

Ree loves her husband without reserve. She's not shy about loving her husband. Marlboro Man is Ree's whole world. I like a person who loves her husband.

I envy her way with a camera. And with recipes. Her pics are gorgeous and she shows every step in the recipe. I'm trying to emulate her posting style with my recipes here but so far it falls flat. How does she take a picture of her own hands cooking? I'll keep trying.

Check out the pioneer woman at http://www.thepioneerwoman.com/

Oh, and emulate? It's cool word. It's perfectly fine to emulate people you admire. But please - don't ever try to immolate somebody. It sounds like it could be the same but it's not. And it'll make a mess.

2 comments:

  1. I got the best word a few days ago--flocculate! Isn't that wonderful?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flocculate. It sounds kinda sexy, doesn't it? I bet if I said "flocculate" to Ty he'd get some interesting ideas.
    I'm betting it's a gross hospital word though. Yep.

    ReplyDelete