Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Peeking

Back when I was only thinking about starting a blog, and wondering if I'd have something to say every day, and wondering what I'd want to reveal about moi, I thought long and hard about who might read it.

I have some girlfriends I knew I could count on to justify my existence. I thought a couple of my kids would look at it once in a while. I thought maybe one or two of my sisters would be interested. I figured my mom would probably feel obligated to read it.

I thought there were certain things that I would share:

  • Recipes
  • Funny and interesting happenings in my daily life

  • Insights into the inner workings of my mind

  • Photos of beautiful and talented children (mine)

  • Pictures of my secret boyfriends

(Wait. What was that last one?)


Then I found out that Mr. Dub was reading my blog every day. He is a hunka burnin' love, I tell you. Some of you know that about him already from our conversations. Others, namely our children, may be a little sickened by the thought. But since I am Mr. Dub's one-and-only, I like for him to think that he is my one-and-only too. He might not like it if there are lots of secret boyfriends lurking around in the recesses of my mind. In the interest of openness and honesty I did tell him about one of them.

(There might be others.)


I'd like to make it clear that my heart, body, and soul belong only to Mr. Dub. But there's a little bit of Amy Dub that likes to look around at all the manliness there is in this world. Here's a peek at my secret boyfriend - the one Mr. Dub knows about:

Oh my. Jon Bon Jovi not only looks ruggedly handsome, he also sings. And plays the guitar. Mr. Bon Jovi, you rock.

Mr. Dub, you rock too. In a different way. I'm here at home if you'd like to get "reacquainted" with me.

Sorry, kids.

6 comments:

  1. LOL - love this one! I read it to MY kids, and they are a little bit sickened... to quote, "Eeewwwww! Why did you even READ that to us?" LOL I guess seminary teachers just aren't supposed to think these things? Moms aren't either. You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why did you have to add that last sentence?
    I was perfectly fine until then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HHAHA Karie has a secret boyfriend...remember Benny aka Tom Cruise! HAHAHAHA I still cant pass a newstand with his picture and not think of our precious Blue crushing on Mr Cruise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You owe an apology to your sisters as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Jon Bon Jovi is my secret boyfriend too. He's a hunk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. JBJ and Journey's Steve Perry. YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete