Sunday, February 22, 2009

Survey Says...

it's time for a poll!

How many times per month does your entire family eat a meal together in a restaurant?

When the kids were littler we used to take them out to CiCi's Pizza about twice each month. They loved the food and the atmosphere and the whole idea of the buffet (which meant they could skip the salad and pasta and go straight for the pizza and dessert). Cici's was nice for us because for awhile at least one of them could eat for free and the other two were charged a lower price than Mr. Dub and I were.

After a couple of years we had to start paying the "adult" price for one of them, and the other one aged out of the "free" price. So we were paying 3 adult prices and 2 children's prices. Then our nearby CiCi's burned down, and by the time it reopened we were paying 4 adult prices. And the food in the new Cici's wasn't as good. And we had got out of the habit of going every other week.

We haven't been there as a family in years.

In fact, we hardly ever eat out as a family. For a few different reasons. Mr. Dub and I go out to dinner together nearly single week but I still prepare dinner that night for a kid or two. Usually once a week I will get take-out for the whole family. Usually at least one person is not here to eat it.

It was fun when we all used to go to Cici's together.

2 comments:

  1. Eating out is one thing we've tried to cut back on. We probably all 4 eat out together 2-3 times a month, I'm guessing. Use to be weekly plus ordering in pizza one night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Calysta and I go to Red Robin about 2 times per month. It's her favorite restaurant. I used to say it was her favorite place in the world, because that is how she acts when I tell her we're going. But she corrected me last time and told me that my house is her favorite place in the whole world. :)

    ReplyDelete