Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Cookie goes to Wal-Mart


Cookie and I and the Little Prince went to Wal-Mart last night. We needed milk and yarn and books. We also picked up some squirt guns, splash bombs, and a new sprinkler.

Whenever Cookie goes to Wal-Mart, no matter what we are there for, he has to look at the Nintendo games. When I say he has to, I mean that we cannot leave the store without disappointment and maybe even a pout if he doesn't get a minute or two to stare at the games. It's a yearning, an ache, and a hunger. It's kind of funny - every time we go it seems like they feel that they have just the teensiest of outside chances to talk me into buying a video game for no special reason other than they want it. Poor kids. Hope springs eternal, I guess.

One of the best things for my boys about summertime is that they are allowed to play video games on weekdays (a big no-no during the school year). In summertime we go out and about in the morning, spend the evenings at the pool, and the longed for and blessed couple of hours during the hottest part of the afternoon are for movies and video games.

Summer. It'll be here tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. sounds like a fun shopping list. Owen does that pout for me too- but about Star Wars stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cookie has had a busy week already with mom!

    ReplyDelete