Saturday, June 13, 2009

Universally understood words (and experiences)

To cap off our crazy week, my Little Friend had an incident at Los Cucos Mexican Cantina last night. See if you can guess what happened:

Here it is in Italian - Per per vomitare in pubblico
And German - Zu sich öffentlich erbrechen
How about Dutch? - Om in publiek te braken
Or Portuguese? - Para vomit no público
Or maybe French? - Pour vomir l'en public
And finally, Spanish - Para vomitar en público

It's not that hard, is it?

(Remember this guy, who happened to "vomitar in publico" at a nice dinner? I wonder if his mother was mortified?)

A really nice and unfortunate man who had a front-row view of the up-chucking followed us into the bathroom and helped me comfort and clean up my Little Friend. I kept apologizing and checking his shoes for chunks, and he kept saying, "It's okay. It happens to everybody. We've all been there."

Whoever you are, Mister, I thank you for not getting angry or freaking out when a little kid threw up at your feet. In public. While you were eating what I'm sure was supposed to be a nice dinner. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your kindness. And your patience. And your good will to your fellow man. Er, boy.

2 comments:

  1. oh, dear. I never did that in public but I did pee my pants in line at the Chuck-o-rama (which is darn close.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, poor little friend! Poor mommy! I barfed in the hall at church when I was about his age. I was mortified. I feel Jake's pain. My daughter barfed on the floor at my mom's house... I feel your pain.
    :o)
    Certain piano teacher we know had worse experience recently - there was contact with stranger women's hair in church pew in front.
    ai-yai-yai
    I'm not a fan of barf.

    ReplyDelete