Monday, June 8, 2009

Cookie has a birthday

My Little Friend is 10 years old today! I can't believe it's been ten years already, which sounds so cliche' and ridiculous but it is true.

I remember when I went to the hospital to give birth to him, and the labor & delivery nurse came in to get me all set up for everything. She was introduced to Mr. Dub and said to him, "Didn't I see you in here a couple weeks ago?"

Uh, I don't think so, lady. Talk about your awkward moments.

Anyway, this boy is the child of my heart and the apple of my eye. His health was poor in infancy and I've spent countless frantic and worried hours hovering over his little body. He's a sweet, handsome, funny, spoiled, and somewhat rotten kid.

I wouldn't want him any other way. Happy birthday to you, Cookie! You are loved.

7 comments:

  1. Was that at Eric and Amy's wedding? I remember him wearing that little suit. The tiny jacket was so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was at their wedding. James wore the suit when he was that size too...it was very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww... what an adorable boy! He is still adorable, even in the double-digits!
    Happy Birthday, Jakie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Baby.

    I called on Saturday because I thought you guys wouldn't be home this evening--and sure enough, I just called again, and no one is home.

    I'm sorry I missed talking to him this evening.

    See you soon--I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, Jakester!

    I love this picture so much.
    It's absolutely adorable.

    ReplyDelete