Wednesday, June 24, 2009

gettin' along


Grampy's funny. He approves of this picture because his eyes aren't showing. He says he doesn't like his picture taken.

We've talked. Oh, my, goodness, how we've talked. He mostly talks, I mostly listen. We've just about got the whole world figured out.

We've discussed the following (please remember that HE talks and I listen!): cholesterol, Dr. Lilly, the VA hospital, getting bad service at the VA, skin that grows over his scabs, dry skin, ice cream, blood sugar, the price of a drink refill, sex, the high price of a drink refill, sex again, the death of his dear wife, Bob, Melvin, Linda, Jeff, Cheli, the death of his parents, the death of Gram's parents, phone problems, weird and unexplained phenomena, sightings of Gram's spirit, his siblings, drink refills, Zenna, more sex, fat people, needles, Central AZ, Dallas, slim people, Zenna, people he's known who couldn't manage their lives, Gram, Ray, sex, drink refills, getting gypped at the drink refill place, nice managers who'll give him a free drink refill without making him wait in line, sex, and all his kids.

I think Grampy needs a male friend to talk about sex with. I'd send Mr. Dub in to cover for me because it makes me a little twitchy to have my grand-dad talk about sex so openly with me but I'm pretty sure Mr. Dub would get twitchy too. I know things now about Grampy that I never wanted to know and that I wish I could just forget.

What I don't know is what to say to him when he starts talking about geriatric hanky-panky!

I wonder what he says about me when I'm not around? Probably that all I ever talk about is sex. : )

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I know. I have had that same experience. I nearly died. Sittin on the front porch with Grampy talking about sex. I love that guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This gave quite a chuckle, Amy! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats what he told me - "that Amy is a sex maniac...did you know..." I always agree with him. HAHAHA (just kidding - he has never said that). :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this picture of Grampy. He talked about sex while he was here last November too.

    C r e a p y ! !

    ReplyDelete