Tuesday, October 6, 2009

girls' day out


I was able to spend some time with my bffs today. It was magnificent. I've missed them for the past several weeks due to one thing and another.

Usually we do crafts together. Sometimes we all make cards, sometimes scrapbooking or photo albums, sometimes we all make some sort of seasonal or thematic craft project to give out to friends or as visiting teacher gifts. Sometimes we don't work together on the same project because we are all involved in something different.

Sometimes we bring projects to work on but end up spending the whole day chatting or going off on some spontaneous field trip.
It doesn't really matter what we do because girls' day out is about spending time together and enjoying one another's company.

Today I worked on my butterfly quilt because I am determined to get the top pieced together by Thursday's quilting group get-together. I bought a quilting magazine the other day, which took me to the internet looking at quilt patterns and fabric sites and ideas and inspiration. I can easily become obsessed with this I think. I love the patterns, colors, textures and feel of fabric. I love patterned and textured papers too, but paper isn't as durable as fabric.

Oh the ideas! The plans! The desire to buy and cut and sew fabric! It keeps me up at night, I tell ya.

1 comment:

  1. I'm anxious to see the butterfly quilt. I bet it's going to be beautiful, just from the one piece I saw. I'm also interested in the "stripes" pattern. That one intrigued me.

    I wish I had a bff group to do things with. You have built a good life way down south. The dumb thing is, I was never interested in crafts of any sort--sewing and quiltmaking, baking and cooking were things I did because, they were necessary, not because I enjoyed them. Now I am discovering that I love them. Who knew?

    Now if I could only get excited and jazzed about housecleaning...

    ReplyDelete