Friday, October 30, 2009

We lived!


Though our creek is over-full, and our yard is soggy and littered with twigs and pine cones, we lived through last night's deluge.

My Little Friend asked me this morning, "So, freezing yourself for the future doesn't really work, does it?" (He had that super cute little squinchy face on when he said "does it?" like he was pretty sure what my answer would be, but not positive what my answer would be. Man, he kills me with cuteness sometimes.)

I had to tell him no, it doesn't work. He said, "Yeah, you probably just age while you're frozen".

I love how he still thinks all he has to do to find out something is ask me. Because he knows I have the solution to everything he needs. It's a beautiful thing. It will end, surely, but it's beautiful while it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment